Weston Recreation Department (location map
Monday, 9:30 AM
09/23/19 - 11/25/19 (9 weeks)
This is the essential Music Together mixed age class, one that a child can attend from birth to age five. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Fall semester includes:
- 9, weekly 45-minute classes
- A set of our exclusive materials
- CD with a huge repertoire-new songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class
- Fully illustrated color songbook for families to "read" and snuggle with at home
- Access code to sync your songs to our "Hello Everybody" app
- Parent education resources and online resources at our online Family Music Zone
- PURE FUN with your child every week!